Wednesday 11 July 2007

Do You Have The ‘Whatever It Takes’ Attitude?

If you're currently running a business or about to start one, then this article is for you.

In today's cut throat business world you will come up against all kinds of obstacles that will make you think of quitting, or maybe not even starting, your business. These obstacles will get in your way almost every day in one way or another and if you don't have the right attitude you will simply give up.

The pressure of starting a new business or running one is simply something you can't describe to someone with words or truly make them understand. There's no real way to warn them; each case is unique in itself and there will come a time when you will have to make the decision to press on or give up.

Obviously, with 95% of small businesses online failing every day, the facts clearly show that most people give up rather then press on. That's a scary statistic for anyone running, or thinking about running, a business. We know that most people don't make it but, what about the 5% that do? What makes them different?

It's their 'Whatever It Takes' attitude!

These people are willing to give up everything because they know deep down inside them they can and will make their business work.

People who are willing to do whatever it takes consist of the 5% who have a successful business and at one point in their life have lost or come close to losing everything they had before they became successful.

Ask any successful business owner and they will be able to share with you their terrible stories of sleeping in their car, or losing their house or even getting a divorce and losing their family.

It seems that they all have some sad story where they were at their lowest point, but just wouldn't give up. Eventually it paid off for them and today these people are some of the wealthiest and happiest people in the world.

So let me ask you, do you have that attitude? The attitude that you're willing to give up almost everything you love in life to make your business successful?

95% don't... are you one of the 5%?

If you think that you are, then be warned. Sacrificing family, friends and, possessions is STILL not guaranteed to make your business a success.

Personally I have that attitude and I now enjoy that life style where I get up when I want to and walk ten feet to my office to work. Where my wife doesn't have to work and my kids can run in and tell me how their school day went when they get home.

But I remember the days when I had to borrow money from our church just to pay the electric bill and where week after week my wife and I would argue about not having money and how my sitting in front of the computer was a waste of time and a stupid hobby.

Deep down my wife wanted to support me, but how could she when she wasn't seeing any results of my 16 hour work days. But, to me, it wasn't a hobby or a stupid dream, it was already a reality. I could almost taste it.

But I didn't give up. I even went out and got a sales job to make ends meet; working there during the day and then on my business at night. This went on for years before my business was at the point where I could support my family and pay all the bills. Not only pay all the bills, but buy a house, a boat and pay off the thousands in debt that we once owed.

Was it worth it? Was it worth my wife almost leaving me more then once and my kids not having the best clothes and food for themselves. In my opinion - YES! Those times not only built character, but it strengthened inside of me an attitude that wouldn't quit for anything.

But that's just my story. Just because there are others like it does NOT guarantee that your commitment will net you the same result.

Ultimately, you are the one who has to live with the consequences of your decisions and your sacrifices. 100% commitment to your business at the expense of other responsibilities may increase your chances of success, but you walk a high wire when you do so.

There will always be obstacles (and tough decisions) in your life and business and it's your attitude that will be the main deciding factor in whether you succeed or fail.

The choice is yours.
___________________________________________________________
Dan Moses is a 29-year old family man living in Redmond, Oregon who came online over seven years ago and, like most of us, planned to set out on a journey of finding his riches on the Internet. Of course, he quickly realized it wasn't as easy as most would have you believe. But that didn't stop Dan... Throughout his journeys he has become quite the entrepreneur by owning or co-owing over 10 programs online, the most popular being... Recommended Links: PageSwirl -
4x4Hits - ClickMaster Pro -
FreeClickThruClub - ProTrafficShop